- Before Marcus stands a foe he never expected to face a common animal using ku to create and manipulate fire
Marcus: Damn this is definitely fascinating and opens up a lot of questions. *Marcus smiles pensively* Perhaps plants can use these powers too.
- The fox barks at Marcus and 10 distinct flames appear around him, they are a pale orange and are of a peculiar shape they look like foxes
- Marcus looks all around him and gets ready to jump to the trees to dodge the incoming attack but the fox simply waits for Marcus to do a move
Marcus: [Is it waiting for my move?]
- Marcus simply stands there and looks at the fox trying to read it, until he finally relaxes his stance
- He takes a step away from the shrine and the fox seemingly loses some anger
- Marcus keeps walking back from the fox and the fox's tail drops and so does it's expression from anger to almost neutral
Marcus: How rude of me...
- Marcus bows twice in front of the fox and the other fire made foxes around him vanish into simply sparks
- He claps his hands out of respect and the fox sits in front of Marcus staring at him with a calm demeanor similar to that of a trained dog
Marcus: Tell me fox, are you a kami or a regular fox?
- The fox merely looks at Marcus, unable to understand
- A few footsteps are heard approaching quickly the shrine and a small girl is seen crying and yelling "let him be"
The Little Girl: Leave the fox alone you dirty hunters.
- The girl stops in front of the fox with her heads spread wide
Marcus: I'm not actually an enemy you kn-
- The little girl kicks Marcus in the nuts, he comically falls to his knees, she starts tearing up
- The little girl keeps hitting Marcus in the head crying, until the fox puts it's tail in front of Marcus making the little girl stop
- It then licks Marcus face trying to relieve him of some pain
Marcus: you.... little... why did you kick me over there!?
Little Girl: *starts crying* I thought you were a hunter I'm sorry don't kick me there too!!!
Marcus: No... Why would I kick a girl over there...
- Marcus sighs and then suddenly realizes one very odd thing
Wait... How do I understand what she says?
- Marcus looks at the little girl again and carefully observes her lips as she asks him questions
Little Girl: Stop looking at my lips, are you a pervert... *the girl hides behind the fox* If you attack me the fox will bite you...
Marcus: Little girl, how are we understanding each other?
Little Girl: What? Are you crazy mister?
Marcus: You're not speaking english at all, so how? Why is it when you speak I understand what you mean and you understand me?
- A shadowed man falls from the sky
That's because you touched the veil in your fight
- Marcus turns to the shadowed man and sighs it's merely his master
Marcus: Oh it's you Sensei...
Yi: Marcus-san, it seems you stumbled upon my granddaughter
Little Girl: You can call me Sakura *grins*
Marcus: [What a cliché name] Pleasure to meet you my name is Marcus.
Sakura: *looks at Marcus with a serious face* You just thought my name was really cliché didn't you...
Marcus: *embarassed* You can read minds can't you... Sorry...
Sakura: *starts crying* He figured out my super secret technique instantly.
Marcus: *sweatdrops* Why are you crying over this...
- Marcus stops and looks at Yi
Wait, what did you mean when you said I touched the veil Yi Sensei?
Yi: Koh oh oh. You really want to know?
Marcus: Yes it sounds important...
Yi: Well then if you really want to know how about a proposal.
- Yi gives Marcus another scroll
Yi: Marcus become strong enough to find the answer on your own.
Marcus: But yi, why can't you just tell me?
Yi: Because you wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth.
- Marcus looks at yi puzzled
Marcus: *sighs and turns his back to them* What kind of lame excuse is that, there's a fire controlling fox right here *notices the fox is now gone* Wait where did it go?
- Marcus turns around back again to face Yi and Sakura but they've both vanished
Marcus: You kidding me...
- Atop the cliff Yi and Sakura observe Marcus in the forest
Sakura: Grandpa why are we hiding from him?
Yi: It's more fun when a young man learns about the other world with his own sweat.
- Marcus jumps high into the sky and using all of his chi allocated to chi:beast uses his flight ability to start flying towards his home country